PARTY MAKEUP INSPIRATION
There’s something really beautiful and tastefully dramatic about this eye look and it’s surprisingly easier than you might think. It connects the lashline and the cut crease simply by elongating and intersecting them. Another way to visualize it is by drawing a “V” on its side. Let’s walk through it together:
- A Smoky Shadow Stick — I used this one ($$) which I also used on Karla Souza on the red carpet here. I also love this one ($).
- A Base Shadow — I always use the off-white shadow from this palette ($) because it’s silky and long lasting.
- A Blending Brush — You want something with densely-packed bristles like this one ($$) to really blend it in.
- Start by applying the off-white base color all over the lid and crease.
- Trace the lashline with the shadow stick.
- Extend that line out and upward to draw the bottom part of the “V”. Basically like you are drawing a cat eye.
- Now trace the crease with the same shadow stick, starting at the end of the elongated lashline. By doing this you are also drawing the top half of the “V”.
- Finish by blending the lines with the blending brush.
For our fashionistas out there, this is the lace blouse that Brook is wearing! And this is the liquified lipstick in Melted Nude.