SUMMER MATTE PAT DOWN
Cream blush rocks because you can blend and move it better than powder blush, really mimicking a natural flush. But unfortunately, it doesn’t stay on as long… unless you take a second and do this! Why? Because the blotting papers grab any oil or excess liquid (that could become problematic) and leave the pigment/color behind! Genius. Here’s how:
- Your Favorite Cream Blush: We love for its intense pigment and colors as well as for a gorgeously soft flush.
- Your Favorite Blush Brush: Try and take good care of it for years!
- Blotting Papers: We’re obsessed with because they’re free of drying and irritating pulp, synthetics, powders and fragrances found in most blotting papers.
- Press the brush against the cream blush a few times to load it with a thin layer then always remember to give a couple more quick pats against the back of your hand to smooth it out before you go near your face! Smile in the mirror so the apples pop out then stipple (press) the brush on the top half as our model demonstrated above and continue stippling along the cheekbone as you work your way towards the temple. Continue with the other cheek.
- Now here’s the trick: press the blotting paper against the area that you just applied the cream blush to absorb any excess oil and leave only the pigment behind. You won’t believe how much oil comes out!