THE JAWLINE SLIM
Jawlines are always an interesting subject. Some of us have naturally gorgeous jawlines, some have a little double chin (no matter what we weigh) and some of our jawlines are starting to sag (thanks Gravity!). All of our jawlines can benefit from a little highlighting and contouring. I used to just contour jawlines until I learned that adding a highlight just above it makes the illusion more effective. Here’s how:
- A Cream Concealer or Foundation Stick: Pick a shade that is one shade lighter than your foundation. You want to draw attention to the jawline but not too much attention! I used because it’s the industry standard so I invested in it years ago for my kit (luckily it lasts a long time), but if you’re on a budget right now, try .
- A Cream Bronzer: Pick one that is a few shades darker than your foundation. I used in Bronze Light on Carissa above but you can also use a that is a few shades darker than your foundation. Just make sure to use the same product that you used to contour or bronze your cheeks, temple and forehead.
- A Flat-headed Brush: I used as it’s my favorite contouring brush in my kit.
- Apply foundation, contour and highlight (revisit my and if needed) like you typically would. This is the point when I contour and highlight the jawline, since I’m already using the products, but if you already have your full face done, just go in the bathroom and add these next 3 steps.
- Draw a line above your jawline with the concealer stick as demonstrated above and hold the stick at the end point. Then drag the stick back down just above it to the starting point. It doesn’t have to be perfect.
- Blend it into the skin by tapping it over and over with your fingers until it soaks in.
- Dip the flat-headed brush into the cream bronzer and tap it on the back of your hand to smooth it out. Hold the brush at an angle against the jaw so half of the brush is above the jaw, the center of the brush is directly on the jawline and the bottom half of the brush is just underneath the jawline. Then sweep it along the area demonstrated above. But make sure not to bring the line in too far that it gives you jowls. Sweep it back and forth a couple times to blend it in so it’s not noticeable but still does its job.
For those of you who love to know everything about everything, her lipstick is in Dragon Girl. And this is the !