Matte lipstick has been huge for a few years now. But there’s something we can do to make it a little more alive! I promise you will still enjoy the effect of a matte lip. But there will be more life to it if you do this:
- Your Favorite Lipstick — I used in Speak Your Mind and I also love in Nile Nude.
- A Matching Lip Liner — I used in Nude because it’s a staple in my kit being such a warm pinky nude. is my favorite budget-friendly nude lip liner (shade is Ceramic).
- A Matching Lip Gloss or Clear Gloss — I used in Almost Nude but you can also try in Slip or .
- You can skip this step but I’m a big fan of a lined lip so I start by lining the perimeter with the lip pencil.
- Next fill in the lip area with the matching lipstick.
- Now here’s the trick: apply the lip gloss to the center of the bottom lip. It instantly adds volume and dimension with its little hint of shine. And don’t worry if you rub your lips together and it gets onto the middle of the top lip because that’s pretty too!