UNDER-EYE CONCEALER CREASE PREVENTION
One of the most frequent questions that I get asked is how to I prevent my under-eye concealer from creasing throughout the day. Honestly it’s kind of the nature of the beast but this trick will help you E-NOR-MOUS-LY! I’ve shown you in past tutorials how to press tissue over it after you applying it (and before setting powder) but if you want to skip that step, try this!
- Concealer — this can work with both your or your . My favorite drug store versions are and .
- Concealer Brush — is my kit staple and !
- Blotting Powder — my whole industry is obsessed with while this is my .
- Always wash your hands before doing your makeup. Squeeze a small amount of concealer on the back of your hand. If you’re using a concealer stick, swipe it across the back of your hand.
- Use your finger to “pull” 1/5th of the product away from the original pile to thin it out significantly.
- Now swipe the concealer brush against the part that you pulled away. In essence, this forces you to never EVER apply a thick (or even normal) layer of concealer under you eye that will only end up creasing because it’s too much product. Remind yourself: the thinner the layer, the less it will crease.
- Apply the (now-thinned out) concealer under your eye as usual.
- Step back from the mirror and determine if you’ve knocked out all of the darkness or if you need to apply a second very thin layer.
- Press the puff against the powder, press it twice against the back of your hand then gently press it over the concealer you applied under your eye. Between thinning out the concealer and setting it with powder and a puff, you should be locked in all day with no problems. If your under eyes are extra oily, try this tissue press as well as a triple threat!
For enquiring minds, Magali is wearing in Caviar!