ONE AND DONE
Do I even need to post a whole story about why this barrette is my new jam for Fall? No. But I will. It’s so versatile as you can clearly see in this post and also– it’s EIIIIIGHT DOLLLLLARS. What? We’ve managed to do half up, messy bun, ponytail, and a side swept half up look so far. I’m sure there are lots of other ways to use this and I’m sure you’ll be seeing them here soon. You could absolutely wear this anywhere. You could pair it with a dress or with jeans and a simple tee.
Here’s how you’d style the look up top:
- curl the hair using the curling iron linked at the bottom of this post.
- pull the hair half up.
- give it a light twist and insert the barrette.
The steps for this one are:
- create a messy bun.
- spread out the hair using your fingers.
- add a couple bobbypins to secure the bun.
- run the clip across the middle and secure.
The ponytail is very simple.
- wave as desired or air dry.
- gather all the hair in a low ponytail.
- secure the barrette near the nape of the neck.
I was fascinated to learn that this clip is versatile enough to hold all of our models hair or just a tiny section. There’s a spring inside that allows you to use this on pretty much any hair type.
For the side swept look:
- brush out the hair to soften the waves.
- use your comb to make a deep side part.
- smooth a piece over to the opposite side and secure the clip.
It’s crazy how it stayed in place with just this tiny section of hair.
- (get it quick, I bet they’ll go fast. I got two so I could carry one in my purse.) UPDATE: this clip has been sold out, but you can find similar ones , , and .
- (I love these irons for major hold!! even those who say their hair doesn’t hold!)
- (I mean, you probably don’t need a gold brush but it’s good to know this exists)
- (get a good comb that won’t melt or break on you!)
(OH! And while we’re all caught up in this beauty bizz, let’s not overlook this ridiculously cute )