D.I.Y. NATURAL LIP SCRUB
Over the last few years I’ve shared my favorite ways to get soft and smooth lips (revisit the Winter Lip Fix, The Brush Off and the Chapped Lip Undo). Today I’m giving you an all-natural alternative that tastes and smells amazing! This DIY is especially brilliant because it has not one but two benefits: the sugar exfoliates while the coconut oil moisturizes. My dear friend took time from shooting her CBS pilot Life in Pieces to show us how:
- Any Sugar You Have On Hand — I happened to have a white all-purpose sugar in my kitchen cabinet, but I also love an organic raw sugar too. You’ll only need a 1/2 teaspoon but I made a full teaspoon for photographic purposes.
- Coconut Oil — I used this one because I also use it to remove my most stubborn eye makeup and I use it for oil pulling! You’ll also only need a 1/2 teaspoon!
- Your or (optional)
- Pour the Sugar into the Coconut Oil.
- Mix it together with your finger by swirling it around until it becomes a paste. Coconut oil melts into a liquid when it’s heated up but you’ll be working fast enough that you’ll be ok.
- Cover your entire lip area with the paste and start scrubbing back and forth with your finger.
- Stretch your smile so it’s taut and continue scrubbing.
- Let it sit for a minute for extra moisture if you wish.
- Wipe it off with a tissue. If you made a bit of a mess, you might opt for a wet washcloth instead!
- This step is optional because they’ll already be really moisturized from the coconut oil, but you’re welcome to seal the deal and finish with a lip serum or balm.