SPRING MAKEUP INSPIRATION 2015
Every season it’s especially fun to play with new makeup products and trends, and Spring just might be my favorite! Today I’ve created a monochromatic face all pulled from variations of peach and entirely from liquid and cream products for a softer finish. Here’s how you can pick one color (peach) and pick different textures (metallic, sparkles or solid) and put together a pretty Spring face:
- Liquid Eye Tint: in Peach Prism — with so many gorgeous colors and one end metallic while the other end sparkle-y, this is one of the most fun drug store finds I’ve found in a long time! But when I went back to get more, it was sold out in all three of my local drug stores, so good luck! You could also try that paint on and transfer from liquid to solid like beautiful watercolors!
- Your Favorite Peach Cream Blush: our favorites are and this one in .
- Metallic Liquid Lipstick: I used in Electric Grandma because it’s 100% vegan and has an incredible color payoff.
- Peach Lip Liner: I have two favorite peach lip liner that I keep in my kit — in Vintage Coral that I used on Stacy Kiebler and in Streak that I used on Magali in this tutorial.
- Sweep the metallic liquid all over the lid. I included the crease so people can see it more when the eye is open, but that’s a preference thing so do what you feel makes you happy.
- Now sweep the sparkle-y side over the metallic wash. You might double dip and add a second layer like I did! Then don’t forget mascara of course. You can also rim the inner waterline with a black kohl if you wish for more drama.
CHEEK + LIP:
3. Smile in the mirror and stipple the cream blush on the top half of each apple.
4. Line the perimeter of the lip area.
5. Fill in the remaining area, slightly overlapping the liner if you like a lined look (coming back in style big time!) or completely over the liner.