Most guys that I’ve talked to say they hate when their girlfriends arrive on a date wearing red lipstick. Not that they don’t think we look pretty in it, but that they’ve had bad experiences with it ending up on their lips too! Or their collars! Luckily, lip stains have come a long way. These give head-turning color payoff unlike a conventional stain and absolutely will not budge. Let them dry for a few minutes then kiss a tissue and see there’s not a mark on it. Brilliant! Here’s how:
- A Stain That Won’t Budge — Charlene is wearing in Red Velvet above. also won’t budge, but seal it the clear gloss otherwise it’s a little sticky on its own. is also a Valentine’s Day winner!
- A Flat-Headed Lip Brush — you’ll find a square one like makes perfecting the edges incredibly easy.
- Apply the stain all over the lip area. Work within the perimeter as it’s easier to go back and fill that part in with the brush as opposed to going back and erasing a stain that has gone outside of the line with a q-tip.
- Go back and perfect the edges by dipping the brush against the stain that is already on your lip area and tracing the outline.
- If there is a gloss that comes with the stain, apply it once the stain is completely dry.