CAT EYE LITE
Sometimes a little smoked wing is all you need! Who says a cat eye has to be done with liquid liner? This soft version is ultra-feminine and flirty and a very modern take on a retro look. And for those of you who are still intimidated by liquid liner, this is a perfect way to master the shape of the flick. Let’s break it down step by step:
- A Nude Shadow — pick one that matches your own skin color.
- A Black Matte Shadow — not that a shimmer version wouldn’t be pretty too! But I used this one from on Magali above.
- A Long-Edged Angled Liner Brush — if you don’t have in your arsenal yet, you’re missing out! It takes the guess work out of lining and allows you to stamp and sweep.
- Mascara — I used and really loved the way it coated each lash.
- A Cotton Swab — it can be a regular one or a pointed tip.
- Optional: Half-Strip False Lashes – I used and love .
1. Apply the nude shadow all over your lid and crease.
2. Press the liner brush into the shadow and give it a tap against the counter to release any excess.
3. Determine the angle of the wing by imagining an line from the end of your eye to the end of your brow. Stamp the brush along that angle.
4. Move the brush towards the lashline and stamp again. Lift the brush up and stamp horizontally above it to connect it to your lashline.
5. Now stamp along the lashline and stop about 3/4’s of the way across.
6. Take the cotton swab and gently smear the line back and forth to smoke it out.
7. Press the brush back into the shadow and give it another tap against the counter to remove any excess. Go back and stamp the wing to perfect the edges a little. You don’t have to do this step, I just couldn’t help myself!
8. Add a couple coats of mascara.
9. This step is optional but you can always add a half strip of lashes for extra drama. Revisit my for secrets to getting it right every time.