SUMMER BRAID 6
BACK with another fun summer braid! This a great one for almost any length hair because it’s a half-up hairstyle. Even if you’re sporting a bob you can make a shortened version of this. It’s easy but because it’s all behind the head, you may want to enlist a braiding bestie to help if you don’t have the arm strength or reach. Here we go!
- Pull two pieces from each side of your head. You’ll want to treat this like a half-up hairstyle so you’ll be pulling your sections from the front hairline/above your ears.
- Join them together in the back using a clear elastic.
- Now create a regular fishtail braid from the pony you just made. If you don’t know how to do that, you can see our classic fishtail video tutorial HERE!
- Tie it off at the bottom using another clear elastic.
- No carefully cut the elastic out at the top. Get someone to help if you need to so you don’t cut your hair.
- Sprinkle a little texturizing hair powder on your braid! If you missed our post on hair powders, you can find it HERE!
- Tap the powder into the braid and gently tug at your braid to give it some texture and volume!
- Now you’re simply going to take the braid and twist it over.
- Slide a large bobbypin into the base where you twisted the braid. This will keep it flipped and create a twisted look. I didn’t photograph this part, but you should wrap the bottom elastic with a tiny piece of hair and secure it with a bobby pin, or use one that matches your exact color.
Here’s a shot of that same braid on blonde hair! We would LOOOOOOVE to see you try it. Take today’s #twishtail challenge and give this a shot. Take a pretty photo of it and we’ll repost our favorites and tag you on our page! We are @thebeautydept for anyone who doesn’t know. Happy Saturday, and good luck! Can’t wait to see your photos…