I’ve created tutorials on concealing dark circles, disguising bags and highlighting, but now let’s focus on bringing everyone’s attention to your eyes with this technique that brightens, highlights, conceals and illuminates! It’s quick and easy to do and only involves two products that you probably already have. Here’s how:
- Your Favorite Concealer: Choose one that is a half shade lighter than your foundation shade. I used because it’s intense enough to apply a thin layer so it won’t crease.
- Your Favorite Liquid Highlighter: I used the iconic in #3 on Alyssa above.
- You don’t have to follow the order I chose but I like to start with the inside corner and apply the concealer with a concealer brush or your finger. As we get older, the sides of the nose get darker and more indented/shadowed, so please never skip brightening there! Then continue from there along the undereye as mapped out above.
- Switch to the highlighter pen and make dots in the area shown above (above your cheekbone along the eye socket).
- Switch back to the concealer stick and apply it directly from the tube or with a concealer brush under the brow wing.
- Switch back to the highlighter pen and make dots above the brow as shown above.
5. Blend with your finger or an egg-shaped sponge.
6. Blend by tapping your ring finger along the dots and snapping them against your thumb in between taps to wipe away some of the excess.
7. Blend with your finger or an egg-shaped sponge.
8. Blend with the tap and snap method again like you did in step 6!