BEST BLOWDRYERS 2014
As you recall, we did THIS post a couple days ago which was to help you figure out every feature you need from a blowdryer for your hair type or to combat a specific issue. And as we mentioned in that post, you should have a written short list of your needs based on your hair type, texture and/or specific issues. The week before that, we posted THIS glossary so you could get to know common words associated with blow dryers and think more like a pro while searching the shelves. Let’s face it, in order to know what you’re looking for, you have to know the language, right? Okay, so in this third and final post, we’ve made our best of the best list. Hooray!! It’s time to grab your list of needs and find the dryer that bests suits you…
- – My favorite thing about this dryer is it puts out SO. MUCH. WIND. Great for anyone with super thick hair or anyone who’s always running late.
- – I’ve been loyal to this dryer for over a decade. I can’t live without it. The perfect amount of wind and heat for those of you with fine hair and a LOT of it.
- – Shine shine shine shine. Great for thick, dry + damaged hair. Expensive, but putting out the money is not as painful as major breakage from a dryer that causes extra damage. Invest!
- – A really great dryer for anyone on a budget who’s trying to minimize heat damage. It’s not the best ever, but it’s $40 and insanely good for that price.
- – Little powerhouse. I’m not mad at it. Folds up nicely and doesn’t give off that just burned smell like a hotel dryer. Pretty strong for a travel dryer. Also VERY lightweight for anyone with wrist issues.
- – Okay, this surprised me. Heavy duty, strong wind, good heat and an ac motor in a drugstore dryer?? If I were saving money, this is the one I would get as an alternative to the SuperSolano.
- – Okay, I know some of you may bug out over the price, but hear me out… this is a serious tool. Every time I use this dryer I love it more and more. The fact that it has an ionic on/off switch is SUCH a game changer. That means I can turn it on when I want smooth and shiny locks and then I can turn it off to bulk up and create major volume. I was definitely skeptical because it’s fairly small compared to the pro dryer I normally use, but make no mistake, this little green gem’s stealing my heart one client at a time.
- – I would really only use this on shorter hair, bangs or the very ends of your long hair if you’re not coordinated enough to use a curling iron. Not ideal for getting up into the root with longer hair because it’s too likely to get tangled. That being said, this is great for getting volume and curl at the same time in shorter hair.
- – Good bang for your buck. Ha. Get it? Bang? Okay. This is like the cheaper little sister to the MoroccanOil Tourmalite. So if you’re not about to drop a couple hundo on a dryer for dry, damaged, thick hair, try this!
- – This is super windy and non-ionic. That means it’s for anyone trying to get that BIG BIG hair. Anyone with super thick hair who wants to stay away from tourmaline/ionic “smoothing dryers” will want to marry this.
- – Shorties, pixies and curlies! This one is for you. Set it and forget it! I love a bonnet dryer for the same reasons I love a diffuser. You can put this on while you do your makeup and it will dry your hair in it’s natural state much faster. Good for those who live in cold climates who can’t get their hair to air dry quickly.
- – Infrared technology is interesting and I don’t know the long term effect of this, but what I do know for sure is that this is the fastest my hair has ever dried. Not quite as frizz free as I would have hoped but still good for me because I’m always, always, always late.
- – If you wear your hair naturally curly this is legit my favorite. It’s got these fingers that go up into your scalp which is where I always seem to need more heat/air when I diffuse. A lot of diffusers instruct you to set the hair on top of the surface, but that only dries the ends. When I do curly hair, I prefer to blowdry/diffuse more at the scalp and then let the ends air dry. This does just that.
- – I think we’ve all heard a thing or two or two thousand about this dryer. I like it a lot. It is the greatest dc motor hairdryer on the market. It actually shocked me the first time I heard it was a dc. But that’s what makes it so lightweight. The softness that comes from this dryer is unreal and they have a line of brushes that increase shine + softness even more so. A very popular choice amongst my pro stylist friends.