ROUND BRUSH WAVES
Hope you all had a lovely Valentine’s Day! Thought this would be a great tutorial for you to try out over the weekend. Everyone loves a good blowdry, right? Well, this is a trick you can use on any length hair from a chin length bob to super long, and whether it’s thick or thin. It’s a great way to show layers and a nice way to get some wave without using an iron. Here we go!
- Shampoo + condition in the shower, then detangle your hair as usual. Here you see we’re using my favorite Conair detangling brush.
- Add your styling product of choice. I encourage a light mousse or something that will give a soft hold. Doing this blowout with no product may not be quite as effective. Here we used . The reason I like this one so much is because gives such great hold but feels like there’s nothing in the hair. It’s expensive but so worth the investment. If you want a soft mousse that’s more reasonably priced, try .
- Now we grab the and . Blow out a section as usual. I like to start in front and move to the back but you can do it the other way around if you prefer.
- Once the section is dry, keep the ends wrapped around the brush and twist outward. Twist until the hair is wound tight but not until it coils.
- Now release the hair and it will un-spin a little.
- Blow out the next section. I chose the bang area to do next because I like to do the sections that dry fastest first.
- Again, once the section is dry, twist, twist, twist, then release.
- Leave your sections twisted like this until you finish the whole head.
- The back can always be a little challenging, but once you get a section dry, pull it to the side when you twist it, not upward. (see photo)
- Once you’ve finished blowdrying, the sections are ready to be broken up. Lightly shake your head and then gently pull the sections apart using your fingers. Use a fine mist hairspray at the end for extra UMPH! Our faves are this unscented goodness from and this beautifully scented one from .
Let us know if you try blowdrying with a twist! We love to hear about your experience in the comments below or take a photo and tag us @thebeautydept on ! Have a wonderful weekend, pretty people!