RED CARPET BREAKDOWN
We’ve been so busy around here that we haven’t shared enough of our red carpet work with you lately, but today I’m happy to break down how I did Rachel Bilson’s eye makeup last week for the premiere of her new film (a hilarious must-see with your friends this weekend!). Because her Oscar de la Renta dress was so sweet and feminine, we decided the makeup needed a little edge to it. So I punked out the eye with an exaggerated wing then balanced it with a pink cheek and lip. Here’s exactly how you can re-create it!
- With a black longwear kohl liner (I used in Onyx), line the lashline from the inner corner to the outer corner then out and up towards the end of the brow like you would a classic cat eye.
- Then from the point you ended on, draw a line back across the crease, ending in the inner corner where you started in Step 1.
- Go back and fill in the area you just outlined.
- Line the bottom lashline and inner waterline with the same black pencil.
- Set the liner with a black shimmer shadow so it doesn’t crease or travel. Try .
- Finish the eye with a couple coats of volumizing mascara.
- Look directly into the mirror and adjust the shape with a pointed Q-tip if needed. Pointed Q-tips dampened with water or eye makeup remover are my secret weapons in perfecting the wings and making sure the eyes match each other.
Then pair it with a light pink blush, high on the cheek bones and a pink lippie! Here are some bonus shots of Miss B that I snapped when we were getting ready… she’s truly an awesome client and a dear friend! And don’t forget to check out her gorgeous designs for (and receive 25% off your first pair by )!