HOW TO EXFOLIATE FOR SKIN RENEWAL
I can’t believe I went thirty years without knowing the right way to exfoliate my face! Sure, my old method wasn’t a total waste, but a huge difference than doing it right. Now I do this method every other day and my skin is as soft and refined as a baby’s. Combine it with a proper skincare regimen and you’ll train your skin to constantly renew itself and build collagen. Here’s all you need to know:
- Your Favorite Facial Scrub — My favorite is because there’s nothing like it out there (and I’ve tried them all). For less of a splurge, try .
- Water & Your Fingers
- Your Favorite Glycolic Cleanser (Optional) — If you really want to encourage cell turnover, immediately follow the scrub with a glycolic acid wash; my favorite is .
- Wet your fingertips, but leave your face dry. That small thing makes all the difference in the world. If you’re in the shower, blot it dry with a hanging towel. If you’ve just washed off your makeup, blot it dry as well. If it’s morning and you already washed off your makeup last night, don’t rewash your face. Exfoliate first, then wash with a glycolic face wash for deep penetration.
- Squeeze a size of a quarter of the scrub onto your fingertips.
- Rub fingers together to spread it out. If you’re using Lancer Polish, it will warm up and get hot.
- Start by rubbing it in small swirling circles across your cheeks, chin, around your nose, your upper lip and forehead. Continue doing this for at least 60 seconds but try for 3 minutes if you have the discipline (it depends on my mood that day how long I last!).
- Flatten out your hands and press the palms against your face while drawing big circles across your cheeks, chin and forehead. You only have to do this for 20 seconds or so. Re-wet your hands and do this again.
- Fill up your hands with water.
- Splash and repeat until all the grains are gone. Follow with your favorite serum (your skin will absorb it much more than when you don’t exfoliate).