RED LIPS REMASTERED
By now you’ve checked out my as well as my . Well, this delicious look gets its inspiration from shiny cherries, red apples and juicy pomegranates… and was spotted on the 2013 A/W Kenneth Cole runway. It’s a gorgeous twist on the standard red lip, brought to life with added dimensions and a glossy finish. Here’s how:
- Classic Red Lip Pencil — I used because it has been a staple in my kit for years.
- Berry-Colored Lip Pencil — I used Laura Mercier Lip Pencil’s Crushed Berry because it’s the perfect berry color and is super blendable.
- Clear Lip Gloss — I’m obsessed with Burt’s Bees Super Shiny Sheer Glosses because they’re not goopy or so thick that you feel like a bug flying by would get stuck in them!
- Line the upper and bottom perimeters with the red lip pencil, leaving the corners bare (as demonstrated above).
- Fill in the areas under and above the perimeters, still leaving the corners bare.
- Fill in both corners with the berry-colored pencil.
- Use the clear lip gloss to blend and bring everything to life.