DRESS IT UP!
Silver is a really fun way to dress up your makeup and is much more wearable than you think. The lightness of color along with the metallic finish draws a lot of attention to the eyes and is perfect for a night out with your girlfriends! Here’s how to achieve it and what products to pair it with:
- Silver Metallic Shadow — I used Buxom Stay-There Shadow in Chihuahua (yes, all the shades are named after dogs!) because once you place it on the lid, it won’t move or crease as the hours (and dancing) go on.
- Navy Gel Liner — I used L’Oreal Infallible Gel Lacquer Liner in Navy because it’s super user-friendly and doesn’t smudge.
- Your Favorite Mascara — You know I love trying every mascara I can get my hands on! For this look I used Eyeko Curvy Brush Mascara and the wand really curled the lashes beautifully.
- Pinky Peach Blush — I used Stila Convertible Color in Gerberra (perfect for light skin tones) and also love Kevyn Aucoin Creamy Moist Glow in TanSoleil for medium to dark skin tones.
- Bronzing Powder — I used Maybelline Fit Me Bronzer because it doesn’t look orange or muddy.
- Liquid Lipstick — It’s kinda my new jam… this one is MAKE UP FOR EVER Aqua Rouge in Coral and it’s heaven!
- Using an eyeshadow brush or your finger, place the silver shadow all over the lid. Take a step back and decide if you want to include the crease as well or if you’re happy with just the lid.
- Sweep the navy (or black if that’s what you have) gel liner along the lashline with a liner brush. You can wing it out slightly if you’re in the mood (and your eye shape allows it). A dark liner anchors the silver, making it more wearable.
- Properly coat each lash by wiggling the wand horizontally then painting each lash vertically with the tip (revisit our ).
- Swirl the pink blush on the upper half of the apples of your cheeks.
- Bronze everywhere the sun would hit (revisit our for a refresher).
- Finish with a coat of liquid lipstick.