DOUBLE DUTY MAKEUP: SUMMER EDITION
How great would it be if you could go away for the weekend and only pack 4 makeup products in a carry-on? You totally can! And bypass waiting at baggage claim while you’re at it. Here’s how to get 8 uses out of 4 products:
- Bronzing Powder — I used Maybelline Dream Sun Bronzer as it doesn’t come off orange and comes in three versions (Glow (has a hint of shimmer), Four Seasons (multi-tonal) and Matte). It’s seasonal for Summer and has its own display at drug stores, so if you try to find it in the regular section, you won’t (I made that mistake!).
- Mascara — I used Covergirl Flamed Out Mascara because I love how the formula translates into a liquid liner (doesn’t travel or feather) and you can apply as many coats on your lashes without it ever clumping.
- Lipstick — I’m loving Tarte Glamazon 12-Hour Lipstick in Bold, a gorgeous coral shade that’s longlasting, hydrating and perfect with a Summer tan.
- BB Cream — Jane Iredale Glow Time Full Coverage SPF 25 Mineral BB Cream is the only BB Cream that I’ve found so far that I’d consider swapping my foundation for as it covers any and every imperfection while brightening my skin and giving me broad spectrum sun protection.
- Apply the BB cream all over your face and neck to even out your complexion and protect you from UVA and UVB rays.
- Grab your mascara wand and sweep the liner brush against the bristles to load it up with product.
- Line your eyes like you typically would with a gel liner. For more on this technique, revisit guest blogger Carissa Ferreri’s ).
- Dip the wand back in the mascara tube and coat your lashes horizontally and vertically. (Check out my for the best way to get the most from mascara).
- Bronze your entire face with the bronzing powder (revisit my for the specific areas to concentrate on).
- Take an eyeshadow brush and dip it into the same bronzing powder.
- Sweep the bronzer all over the lid and crease. This clever idea is also from Carissa, whom you already know because I make her model for me in a large majority of my posts!
- Remember my ? That’s all we’re doing here! Cream blush originally came from lipstick so it’s a no-brainer on the go. Wash your hands then press your index finger against the tip of the lipstick. Rub that finger with your other index finger to slightly melt the product with the heat of your finger.
- Smile to find the apples of your cheeks then swirl your finger along the upper half of the apple and continue along your cheekbone.
- Apply the same lipstick on the lip area.