NYFW EYES: BRIGHT OR BARELY THERE
Such a contrast this season on the eyes of the runways of New York Fashion Week! We saw either really bright and fun washes of color inspired by the clothes or very minimal eye makeup that let the fashion have center stage. And… we were able to get the 411 from the head makeup artists at a few of the shows to find out exactly what they used in case you want to recreate the looks yourself!
BRIGHT EYES HIGHLIGHTS
- Jenny Packham: Makeup artist Talia Shobrook layered in Midnight Black Turquoise over Midnight Blue all over the lid then set it with in Lagoon. That color is heaven! She then applied in Platinum from the crease up to the brow bone and finished the look with .
- Peter Som: Makeup artist Tom Pecheux wanted an ombre watercolor effect on the eyes and used his fingers to apply MAC Eye Paints for a DIY feel ( are our favorites). He focused the lighter version of the shade on the lid, the medium version on the crease and the darker version of the shade on the brow bone.
- Nanette Lepore: Makeup artist Max Delorme used MAC Pro Paint Slicks by mixing with the colorful shades to instantly make them into pastels without losing any intensity and applied them all over the lid.
- Donna Karan: Makeup artist Charlotte Tilbury traced in Magenta (no that isn’t a typo!) on both the upper and lower lashlines then instead of mascara, she painted MAC Pro Chromaline in Process Magenta on the lashes. So cool.
- Monique Lhuillier: Makeup artist Val Garland lined the upper lid with MAC Chromagraphic Pencil in High Def Cyan then followed it with a sweep of .
MINIMAL EYES HIGHLIGHTS
- DKNY: Makeup artist Charlotte Willer applied to fill in the brows then applied in Quench on the lids for a glossy look. She then finished the look with three coats of .
- Victoria Beckham: Makeup artist Diane Kendal used the neutral eye shadow in Caffeine Rush and instead of mascara, she drew a thin black line very close to the lashline with in Black.
- Naeem Khan: Makeup artist James Boehmer used with a couple coats of NARS Larger Than Life Mascara.
- Oscar De La Renta + J. Mendel: Makeup artist Gucci Westman used in Addictive, in Brown and for both shows.