A TWIST ON THE LOW BUN
Here’s another fun, cute way to pull your hair up off your shoulders during a hot, hot heatwave! It’s basically a topsy-tail looped through so many times that it starts to coil. Here we go!
- Gather all of your hair into a ponytail in the back and secure with an elastic (we used a clear one, but you can also use one that matches your hair color. It should be neither high nor low, but somewhere in the middle.
- Carefully drag the ponytail holder down to the bottom of your ponytail. We stayed about 3 inches away from the ends so we would have something to tuck in at the end (you’ll see).
- Split the hair down the middle as you see in photo 3.
- When you loop the hair through go under toward your neck first and then up through the hole– not up and over the way you would normally do a topsy tail loop.
- Keep going.
- Keep going. It will start to coil up and get tighter.
- Once it coils up all the way, you’ll start to see it form a bun shape. Use large bobbypins to secure it.
- Now tuck the tail under, secure it with a bobbypin and smooth down any fly aways using hairspray and a tail comb. You want it to look tight and shiny– this is not a messy ‘do.
As you may notice in the top/final photo, we used our secret colored hair powder trick to minimize the visible part where the scalp was showing! Good luck, this one should be fairly easy. Hopefully you have a mirror that you can see the back, if not check the back using a hand mirror or compact when you’re done to make sure no little pieces are poking out. Let us know how it goes on !