PARTY MAKEUP SERIES: EYES
Here at TBD, we’re always trying to simplify things for you so you see how easy it is to re-create our favorite red carpet looks. Yes there are 8 steps above but they’re not hard and if you remember to blend blend blend, there’s really no way to mess it up! We love this look because it’s a strong statement for when you want to bring out your alter ego, but not in a “whoa she’s got a lot going on with her makeup” way. Here’s exactly what I used on my dear assistant Carissa above:
- Sweep a across your lid from the lashline up to the crease with a .
- Add a just above the black from the crease upwards, stopping just below your brow bone with . I like to think of it like adding a sunset above the horizon of an asphalt road. Then blend everything to soften both shadows.
- Trace your upper lashline with a .
- Sweep the burnt sienna shadow along your lower lashline with a .
- Add a along your lower lashline with a , really concentrating it between your lashes.
- Rim your inner waterline with a .
- Blend the edges with an using a . You never want to see the highlight below your brow; it’s part of directing attention to your eyes, but shouldn’t be visible, so please blend!
- Finish the look with a couple coats of a that’s not stiff.
I would do your eyes before applying foundation so you can easily clean up any shadow droppings below your eyes without messing up your makeup. Then pair this look with a nude lip and cheek for balance and have fun!