NYFW 2012: MAKEUP SPOTLIGHT
Red lips took center stage at New York Fashion Week and proved once again that a simple stroke of lipstick can make a powerful statement, creating an instant Katharine Hepburn grace. So let’s revisit our TBD tutorial on how to create!
-toothbrush or disposable mascara wand, lip balm, nude lip liner, red lipstick (our favorites are in Pomegranate and in Vesuvio), eye shadow blending brush, translucent loose powder, lip brush
1) Using a toothbrush or disposable mascara wand + lip balm, remove any dead skin by gently scrubbing in circular motions. **This is crucial especially when wearing a matte finish!
2) Outline the perimeter with a nude liner to prevent feathering.
3) Apply red lipstick directly from the tube.
4) Using an eyeshadow blending brush + translucent loose powder, powder your lips to really set the color.
5) Apply a second coat with a lip brush to smooth edges + perfect lines.